FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Kevin Madden (888) 744-6295
Toronto (April 8, 2013) – SigmaXL Inc., a leading provider of user friendly Excel Add-ins for Statistical and Graphical analysis, announces the release of SigmaXL Version 6.2. New features include:
- Compatible with Excel 2013, 32 and 64-bit versions and Mac Excel 2011
- New Statistical Templates:
- Minimum Sample Size for Robust t-Tests and ANOVA
- 1 Poisson Rate Test and Confidence Interval
- 2 Poisson Rates Test and Confidence Interval
- One-Way Chi-Square Goodness-of-Fit Test
- Updated Statistical Templates:
- 1 Sample t-Test and Confidence Interval for Mean
- 2 Sample t-Test and Confidence Interval (Compare 2 Means) with option for equal and unequal variance
- 1 Sample Chi-Square Test and CI for Standard Deviation
- 2 Sample F-Test and CI (Compare 2 Standard Deviations)
- 1 Proportion Test and Confidence Interval
- 2 Proportions Test and Confidence Interval
- The template Minimum Sample Size for Robust t-Tests and ANOVA answers the question, “How large does the sample size have to be for the central limit theorem to work?” This template is unique to SigmaXL and was developed using extensive Monte Carlo simulations. It provides a minimum sample size required for the 1 Sample t-Test, 2 Sample t-Test and One-Way ANOVA to be robust to non-normality. The user simply enters the sample Skewness and Kurtosis and obtains a minimum sample size required for the specified test.
- Easy to interpret, color coded “Reject” or “Fail to Reject” the Null Hypothesis.
- Confidence intervals for 1 Proportion and 1 Poisson Rate templates include the traditional “exact” methods which are strictly conservative and guarantee the specified confidence level, but result in wide intervals. Alternatively, Wilson Score and Jeffreys intervals can be selected to provide narrow intervals that match the specified confidence interval on average. Normal approximation methods are also available for students to validate hand calculations.
- Confidence intervals for 2 Proportions and 2 Poisson Rates include modern methods that result in narrow intervals that maintain the specified confidence level on average: Newcombe-Wilson and Jeffreys Hybrid.
“SigmaXL was designed from the ground up to be a cost-effective, powerful, but easy to use tool that enables users to measure, analyze, improve and control their service, transactional, and manufacturing processes. As an add-in to the already familiar Microsoft Excel, SigmaXL is ideal for Lean Six Sigma training or use in a college statistics course,” said John Noguera, CTO, SigmaXL.
A free 30-day trial version is available for download from the SigmaXL website at: www.SigmaXL.com.
About SigmaXL Inc.
SigmaXL is a leading provider of user friendly Excel Add-ins for Lean Six Sigma tools and Monte Carlo Simulation. SigmaXL customers include market leaders like Agilent, Diebold, FedEx, Microsoft, Motorola, and Shell. SigmaXL software is also used by numerous colleges, universities and government agencies.
For more information, visit http://www.SigmaXL.com or call 1-888-SigmaXL (888-744-6295).