Starting a Lean or Six Sigma initiative at your organization is no easy task. The task is easier, however, when you build a comprehensive deployment plan.
In this video, you will learn everything you need to know about a successful Lean or Six Sigma deployment plan, including:
- What is a deployment plan and why is it important? (1:11)
- What happens when a deployment plan goes badly or well? (3:20)
- What are the major steps to take and elements to include in a deployment plan? (14:28)
- What form should a deployment plan be to make sure people “sign off” and agree? (37:15)
- What happens if executives do not follow through on their commitment to the deployment plan? (38:40)
- “No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.” When should a deployment plan change? (42:25)
- What metrics should you track in your deployment? (45:54)
- Can a company expect a return on their investment during the deployment period? (49:05)
- “Top down,” “middle out” and “bottom up” – are these valid types of deployment plans? (51:50)
- If Motorola, Allied Signal and Motorola had such great Lean Six Sigma deployments, why is it not the highest priority of their businesses today? (53:40)
- What do Lean Six Sigma professionals need to know about converting reluctant company executives to support Lean or Six Sigma? (57:46)
- Where do companies fail when developing a Lean and/or Six Sigma deployment plan? (62:58)
About Gary Cone
Gary Cone is a founding partner of Global Productivity Solutions and has over 30 years of experience achieving business performance improvement and successfully employing and adapting his knowledge of business and quality systems, strategy deployment, Lean Six Sigma, organizational change and industrial systems.
Cone pioneered the development of the Six Sigma roadmap while working at Motorola in the 1980s; helped launch the Six Sigma revolution that began at AlliedSignal in 1994, where he was personally responsible for leading the deployment in the $6 billion automotive sector; and was responsible for Six Sigma implementations at GE, GenCorp, International Truck, Siebe, Bombardier, LOF and Crane, in addition to others.
Follow GPS and Gary Cone on Twitter
Follow iSixSigma on Twitter