The following references will provide a very nice overview of the field – from general theory to in-depth case studies:
1) Six Sigma: The Breakthrough Management Strategy Revolutionizing the World’s Top Corporations by Mikel J. Harry, Ph.D. and Richard Schroeder, Doubleday 2000.
2) Six SIGMA Leadership Handbook by Rath and Strong Staff, John Wiley & Sons 2003.
3) Jack Welch and the GE Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO by Robert O. Slater, McGraw-Hill 1998.
4) Six Sigma for Everyone by George Eckes, John Wiley and Sons 2003.
5) Six Sigma Knowledge Design by Mikel J. Harry, Ph.D., Tri-Star Publications 2002.