Winners in the Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Programs and Largest-Breakthrough Improvement and Innovation Projects to Be Revealed in Miami, Feb. 9, 2011.
For more information, contact:
Director of Events, iSixSigma Live!?
(847) 919-0922, ext. 8841?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bainbridge Island, Wash. (December 15, 2010) – iSixSigma, the leading provider of content for the Lean Six Sigma community, has announced the finalists of the Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Start-up Program, Most Successful Re-energized Lean Six Sigma Program, Largest-Breakthrough Improvement Projects (DMAIC) and Largest-Breakthrough Innovation Projects (DFSS).
iSixSigma.com and iSixSigma Magazine sponsored the competition; the criteria for submissions of the iSixSigma awards set the bar high for what makes a most successful program and breakthrough project. For example, the entry requirements were for a minimum ROI of 5x for programs; and, for projects, a reduction in defects of 90 percent, an increase in process sigma level, or a minimum $250,000 benefit and 5x ROI.
“The iSixSigma Live! Awards represent the best continuous improvement programs and projects in the global quality community,” said Katie Barry, publisher of iSixSigma. “We are honored to celebrate these outstanding applications of Lean Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma projects, and salute the programs that have refueled, refreshed and recharged their deployments.”
The iSixSigma editorial judges – a team of experienced Six Sigma professionals – evaluated the entries using a systematic and structured process. The Advisory Panel members of the iSixSigma Live! Summit & Awards participated in the judging process, along with members of the iSixSigma team.
Here are iSixSigma’s Awards Finalists by category, in alphabetical order:
Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Start-up Program
- Capgemini Business Process Outsourcing
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.
- SRA International Inc.
Most Successful Re-energized Lean Six Sigma Program
- Capital One
- Firstsource Solutions Ltd.
- U.S. Army – TACOM Life Cycle Management Command
Largest-Breakthrough Improvement Projects (DMAIC):
- Betfair Ltd. – Reduce Response Time to Customer Emails
- Betfair Ltd. – Decrease Tradefair Registration to Live Failure Rate
- U.S. Army – Hellfire Missile Test and Repair
- Betfair Ltd. – Increase Spanish Outbound Contact & Conversion Rate
- Capgemini Business Services India Ltd. – Process Transformation in Master Data Management
- Firstsource Solutions Ltd. – Improving TAT to Offer Compliance for Stores Channel
Largest-Breakthrough Innovation Project (DFSS):
- ADC Telecommunications – Systematic Application of DFSS in Gen3 SC Connector
- Baxter Healthcare – Non PVC Medical Tubing Development Utilizing DFSS Tools & Techniques
- Capgemini Business Services India Ltd. – Transformation in Outsourcing Solution – ?A New Horizon
Finalists and winners will be recognized at a ceremony at the iSixSigma Live! Summit & Awards on the morning of Feb. 9, 2011, at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami, Fla.
“The quality of the project and program nominations this year was particularly strong,” said Randy Woods, associate editor of iSixSigma and manager of the Awards Program. “The finalists should be proud that they stood out from a very distinguished crowd of process improvement entries.”
iSixSigma is the leading provider of content for the Lean Six Sigma community through its websites, iSixSigma Magazine and live events. iSixSigma is part of CTQ Media, which is a division of New York-based Ideal Media.
(847) 919-0922, ext. 8851