Return on investment (ROI) measures/evaluates an investment. It can be thought of in general terms as:
(gain from investment) (cost of investment) / cost of investment
The specifics of a calculation will vary depending upon the type of investment being assessed.
The best ROI references on iSixSigma can be found at the following links:
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma and Return on Investment
- Calculating ROI to Realize Project Value
- How do companies conduct ROI calculations and/or cost-benefit-analysis specifically for Lean Six Sigma/process improvement projects?
- Monitoring Return on Investment for Internet Initiatives
- Research: Black Belt Return on Investment
- Return on Investment/Percentage of Improvement
- Six Sigma Costs and Savings
- Video excerpt: What Results Can You Expect from Lean Six Sigma?
- Video excerpt: What ROI Can You Expect from Lean Six Sigma?