iSixSigma Names Finalists for Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Programs and Largest-Breakthrough Improvement Projects
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Editor in chief, iSixSigma
Director of Events, iSixSigma Live!
|(206) 774-3685||(719) 219-9736|
|jessica.harper (at) isixsigma.com||jeannine (at) isixsigma.com|
Bainbridge Island, Washington (Dec. 21, 2009) – iSixSigma, the leading provider of content for the Lean Six Sigma community, has announced the finalists of the Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Start-up Program, Most Successful Re-energized Lean Six Sigma Program and the Largest-Breakthrough Improvement Projects.
“The iSixSigma Live! Awards recognize programs and projects that have demonstrated outstanding accomplishment,” said Jessica Harper, editor in chief of iSixSigma. “All entries demonstrated admirable efforts in applying Lean Six Sigma at their organizations. There were some, however, that stood out among the rest in their achievement of breakthrough results.
iSixSigma.com and iSixSigma Magazine sponsored the competition, which received 49 nominations worldwide. The criteria for submissions of the iSixSigma awards set the bar high for what makes a most successful program and breakthrough project. For example, the entry requirements were for a minimum ROI of 5x for programs; and, for projects, a reduction in defects of 90 percent, an increase in process sigma level, or a minimum $250,000 benefit and 5x ROI.
The iSixSigma editorial judges – a team of experienced Six Sigma professionals – evaluated the entries using a systematic and structured process. The Advisory Panel members of the iSixSigma Live! Summit & Awards participated in the judging process, along with members of the iSixSigma team.
Here are iSixSigma’s Awards Finalists by category, in alphabetical order:
Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Start-up Program
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- EMCON Technologies
- Erie County Government of New York State
- U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) G-3/5/7 Distributed Learning Directorate
Most Successful Re-energized Lean Six Sigma Program
- Department of the Army, Program Executive Office (PEO), Missiles and Space
Largest-Breakthrough Improvement Projects:
- Betfair – “Reduce Verifications Cycle-Time”
- Sutherland Global Services – “Reduction of Associate Proficiency Defect %”
- Sutherland Global Services – “Reduction of Critical Error Rate”
- U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command – “T&E YPG GB Physical Test Work Order Process”
Manufacturing (Honorable Mention)
- U.S. Navy, Naval Surface Warfare Center – “Submarine Valve Regulated Lead Acid Battery DMAIC Project”
- General Electric Co. – “Parts Availability on Site”
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. – “Advisor Licensing TAT Reduction”
- Vought Aircraft Industries – “C-17 Lead Time Reduction”
- Sutherland Global Services – “Reduction in Abandonment Rate %”
- Sutherland Global Services – “Reduction of Handle Time”
- Syntel, Inc. – “Efficiency Improvement of Global Trade Processing Regions”
“iSixSigma congratulates these companies, and the individuals who have led these programs and projects,” Harper said. “All of these finalists have already ‘won’ with the contributions they have made in their organizations.”
iSixSigma is the leading provider of content for the Lean Six Sigma community through its websites, iSixSigma Magazine and live events. iSixSigma is part of CTQ Media, which is a division of New York-based Ideal Media.