Breakthrough Management Group Hosts 2-Day Innovation Workshop for Executives
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
| Shari Cashman|
Director, Public Relations
Breakthrough Management Group
Seminar Targets Senior Leaders Looking to Enhance Organizational Innovation Efforts
Denver, Colorado (January 24, 2008) -.Innovation remains a hot topic in 2008 as executive teams continue struggling to build effective, sustainable, and measurable innovation programs. The battle over how to structure innovation departments, drive company-wide innovation initiatives, and sustain efforts over the long haul are challenging even the most adept leaders.
To help companies tackling the complex issues of driving innovation and leading a company’s growth strategies, Breakthrough Management Group (BMG) is hosting a 2-day Executive Seminar, entitled Chief Innovation Officer: Lead Your Company’s Growth and Innovation Efforts.
Designed specifically for business leaders heading up the charge for innovation inside their organizations, CIO helps leaders learn a structured method for driving innovation strategy in a complex business environment. CIO is scheduled for February 25 – 26 in Denver and will focus on these topics:
- Techniques for designing and implementing an enterprise-wide innovation strategy
- Top lessons learned from the world’s most innovative companies
- What it takes to establish a collaborative “culture of creativity” in a business environment
- Leadership tactics and measurement best practices as honed by other innovators
Faculty for this program include distinguished academicians, award-winning authors, and entrepreneurs in their respective fields including:
- David Silverstein, President and CEO of BMG, author of Insourcing Innovation and a highly regarded speaker on the topic of innovation.
- Dr. Phil Samuel, Chief Innovation Officer for BMG, an innovation thought leader who has authored many articles and papers on the subject and presented at numerous conferences.
- Cheryl Perkins, President, Innovationedge. Ms. Perkins is the former Chief Innovation Officer of Kimberley Clark and was named one of Business Week’s “Top 25 Champions of Innovation.”
- Marc Pappalardo, a licensing of intellectual property attorney with 15 years experience with intellectual property matters such as trademarks infringement, copyright infringement, patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation cases.
This is the third CIO course for BMG. The company hosted two similar events in 2007, each time heralding attendees from industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and financial services into one room to discuss and learn about what they all have in common – the need to better drive growth and innovation in order to compete in the future.
Past attendees have included leaders from these organizations and more:
- Alegent Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Circuit City
- Fiserv Galaxy Credit Union Solutions
- GE Energy
- GP Cellulose
- JM Family Companies
- Kruger Products
- Levi Strauss
- NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation
- Ohio Health
- Queens Hospital
- Travelers Insurance
- UnitedHealth Group
For more information on Chief Innovation Officer, please visit the BMG Web site.
Participation is limited to 30 and BMG reserves the right to decline any enrollee it feels does not represent a peer with the other senior executives participating in the program.
About Breakthrough Management Group
BMG is the world’s leading provider of training and consulting for performance excellence. Specializing in Lean, Six Sigma and Innovation, BMG works with leading companies around the globe to help “in-source” new capability and develop new core competencies. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Longmont, Colo., BMG has developed a loyal clientele that today exceeds 200 active businesses in industries as diverse as biotechnology, health care, finance, telecommunications, manufacturing and energy. BMG has offices in 12 countries and has more than 100 employees worldwide. For more information on consulting services, visit www.bmgi.com.
Innovationedge is breaking barriers to help companies achieve innovation capabilities and a growth pipeline. Its new interactive Web site and blog, www.Innovationedge.com, serves up insightful answers, tips, a calendar of innovation events and career growth opportunities.
Among its many offerings, Innovationedge helps its industry-diverse clientele assess innovation capabilities and pipeline, create an innovation roadmap, build successful open innovation models, deliver disruptive product and technologies solutions, streamline portfolio management and metrics, realign business processes and create a culture that delivers innovation.