The Energy Forum for Process Excellence (May 24-27, St. Regis, Houston, TX), produced by iSixSigma Live! and presented by SSA & Company, will feature hands-on opportunities for attendees to strengthen their process excellence knowledge.
For more information, contact:
Houston, Texas (May 12, 2010) – The Energy Forum for Process Excellence (May 24-27, St. Regis, Houston, TX), produced by iSixSigma Live! and presented by SSA & Company, will feature hands-on opportunities for attendees to strengthen their process excellence knowledge. Three pre-conference process excellence workshops are taking place on May 24 and three post-conference site tours are on May 27
The three pre-conference workshops include an executive-level complimentary (and open to the public) workshop:
1. Complimentary Executive Workshop: Moving Process Improvement Closer to the CEO’s Office: Learn how to embed business improvement more deeply into your company’s overall strategic plan, and what the exponential returns will be for your CEO and corporate shareholders when you do. Understand the transformational potential of locating process improvement in the corner office (or at least closer than it is today). (Presented by SSA & Company)
2. Lean “Tools” You Cannot Live Without: There is a lot of confusion about the applicability of the Lean tools outside the world of manufacturing. But what about the continuous process industries? And what about the service sector? Or the staff organizations within our manufacturing facility? What “tools” do all these entities need so they can undertake a Lean transformation? (Presented by Quality Consultants)
3. Taking the Next Step in Your Process Excellence Journey: Learn how others have evolved on their process excellence growth curves, discuss potential process excellence strategies, methods and tools, learn how to assess your current process improvement efforts, and investigate ways to increase the return on your improvement investments. You will explore the next best opportunities for your process excellence efforts and investigate potential strategies going forward. (Presented by Air Academy Associates)
To learn how other companies apply the methods of process excellence to capture bottom-line savings, event attendees will have the opportunity to go on one of three site tours:
1. Halliburton Drill Bit Manufacturing Plant: Woodlands Facility: See how Halliburton is utilizing Lean methodologies and leadership commitment to driving productivity improvements. The tour group will be able to see the Lean integration of the Roller Cone Business Unit and the Repair and Maintenance Business Unit.
2. Texas Children’s Hospital: The tour of Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) will showcase an enterprise-wide deployment of Lean Six Sigma (LSS). TCH is incorporating LSS as it operationalizes many of its key strategic priorities, including a major initiative to improve patient flow.
3. Shell Deer Park Refinery: Shell Deer Park, a 1,500-acre site located on the Houston Ship Channel 20 miles east of downtown Houston, is home to a fully integrated refinery and petrochemical plant, with approximately 1,700 employees. The manufacturing facility operates 24 hours a day, and in many ways, is like a small city – a unique combination of processing equipment, control rooms, storage tanks, environmental protection facilities, office buildings, shops and warehouses.
To learn more about the four-day Energy Forum, see the complete agenda at: http://live.isixsigma.com/events/forum/houston/2010/agenda.html. The Forum also features two days of conference sessions, as well as two networking receptions.
Professionals can register for the free workshop – or full “All Access” or “Conference Only” passes at: http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=824608
About SSA and Company
The Energy Forum’s presenting sponsor, SSA & Company (http://www.ssaandco.com), has shown some of the world’s leading corporations how placing process improvement in the strategic plan at the CEO level improves culture, performance, margins and returns.
iSixSigma is the leading producer of content for process excellence professionals through its website (https://www.isixsigma.com), magazine (http://www.isixsigma-magazine.com) and events (http://live.isixsigma.com).