FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Kevin Madden (888) 744-6295
Toronto (July 29, 2013) – SigmaXL Inc., a leading provider of user friendly Excel Add-ins, announces the release of DiscoverSim Version 1.1 for Monte Carlo Simulation and Global Optimization.
DiscoverSim enables you to quantify your risk through Monte Carlo simulation and minimize your risk with global optimization. Business decisions are often based on assumptions with a single point value estimate or an average, resulting in unexpected outcomes. “DiscoverSim allows you to model the uncertainty in your inputs so that you know what to expect in your outputs,” said John Noguera, CTO, SigmaXL.
Version 1.1 now supports 64 bit versions of Excel 2010 and 2013. DiscoverSim is also now bundled with SigmaXL Version 6.2 for statistical and graphical analysis.
Product features include:
- Easy to use – specify inputs (X’s) and outputs (Y’s) in Excel. Ideal for “Design For Six Sigma” (DFSS), Risk and Project Management.
- Powerful – 53 continuous and 10 discrete distributions. Distribution fitting with automatic best fit. Specify correlations between inputs.
- Fast – accelerated calculations with Excel spreadsheet interpreter.
- Identify important X’s with sensitivity analysis based on correlation or stepwise regression.
- Discover solutions to difficult problems with global optimization. Optimize statistics such as dpm or process capability indices and allow for constraints.
A free 30-day trial version is available for download from the SigmaXL website at: www.SigmaXL.com.
About SigmaXL Inc.
SigmaXL is a leading provider of user friendly Excel Add-ins for Lean Six Sigma tools and Monte Carlo Simulation. SigmaXL customers include market leaders like Agilent, Diebold, FedEx, Microsoft, Motorola, and Shell. SigmaXL software is also used by numerous colleges, universities and government agencies.
For more information, visit http://www.SigmaXL.com or call 1-888-SigmaXL (888-744-6295).