Self-help books abound for those who are looking to improve themselves, either personally or professionally. What these books fail to address, however, is the personalization that most people need to make lasting change.
Ron McMillan is one of the authors of the book Change Anything, which introduces a framework to help you achieve any of your goals by: becoming a scientist, studying yourself, identifying crucial moments where you fail, creating vital behaviors, and engaging in six sources of influence.
In this video, you will learn:
- Why change is not easy and why you should not blame yourself (8:30)
- How to identify when you are about to fail and how to intervene (15:43)
- The six sources of influence that can support your success (25:37)
- How to apply the six sources of influence in your business life (46:07)
- Three vital behaviors that all top performers exhibit (58:37)
Editor’s Note: The audio and video for Michael Cyger is misaligned until approximately 8:33.
About Ron McMillan
Ron McMillian is co-founder of VitalSmarts, a corporate training and organizational performance consulting firm. He previously co-founded the Covey Leadership Center, where he served as vice president of research and development.